The team of the DAAD Regional Office Tbilisi can help you with any questions regarding your DAAD scholarship application. We provide you FAQs, leaflets and videos for all aspects of your application. Information is available on the following topics:
- Which scholarships are offered by the DAAD?
- How can I find the language course or Master degree programme which is best for me?
- How can I do a PhD in Germany?
- How do I find a supervisor for my research visit to Germany?
- When can I apply?
- Do I need to provide proof of my German language skills?
- Do I need to provide proof of my English language skills?
- How do I write a letter of motivation and a CV?
- Tips for a complete and correct application
- How does the DAAD’s electronic application portal work?
- On what basis are scholarships awarded?
- I have further questions about DAAD scholarships. Where can I find more information?
The DAAD offers scholarships for a study or research visit to Germany for the following target groups:
- Students (Bachelor and Master degree) before completion of their studies: University summer course scholarships for a language course (3–4 weeks) at a German university
- Graduates (Bachelor or Master degree): Study scholarships for graduates of all disciplines, as well as separate scholarship programmes in the fields of economics, architecture, music, performing art and fine art, design/visual communication and film
- Graduates with professional experience: Scholarships for development-related postgraduate courses. Training of professionals and managers for sustainable development
- Doctoral candidates (doctorate): Research grants (short – up to 6 months, or long – up to 1 year), doctorate in Germany, binationally supervised doctorate
- Postdocs: Research scholarships (short – up to 6 months)
- Experienced academics: Research visits (up to 3 months)
Further scholarship programmes (including from other German funding organisations) can be found in the DAAD Scholarship Database (Stipendiendatenbank).
Go to the DAAD website and search for summer courses at German universities in the Language and Short Courses database (Datenbank „Sprach- und Fachkurse“).
You can search for German- and English-language Master degree courses in Germany in the All Study Programmes database (Datenbank „Alle Studiengänge“). International, mostly English-language degree courses can be found in the International Programmes database (Datenbank „International Programmes“).
Further tips on how to find a suitable course of study are also provided on the DAAD website (DAAD-Webseite).
Extensive information for international doctoral candidates wishing to do a doctorate in Germany can be found on the DAAD’s Research in Germany website (Webseite „Research in Germany“ des DAAD).
If you want to do a doctorate in Germany individually, you will need to present your research project. A guideline on how to write a research exposé is provided on the DAAD website. (Auf der Webseite des DAAD finden Sie einen Leitfaden, wie Sie ein Forschungsexposé schreiben.)
The German research landscape is very diverse and extensive. Information on how to look for a suitable research institute is provided on the DAAD’s website Research in Germany (“Research in Germany“ des DAAD).
An information sheet regarding confirmation of supervision by a German university lecturer is also available:
Application deadlines can be found in the programme description under the Application Procedure tab. The closing date for applications to most programmes is between end of October and early December. The scholarship commences in the year that follows starting in July or the winter semester.
Whether you need to prove your German language skills depends on the scholarship programme you selected. This information is provided in the programme description under the Application Requirements tab.
If you need to provide proof of your German language skills, you can take an onSET test at DAAD Regional Office Tbilisi free of charge.
This video shows you how to register for onSET step by step:
Please note that you may need further proof of your language skills for application to a German university!
You can also apply to the DAAD for a study or research visit to Germany in English. Whether you need to prove your English language skills depends on the scholarship programme you selected. This information is provided in the programme description under the Application Requirements tab.
If you need to provide proof of your English language skills, you can take an onSET test at DAAD Regional Office Tbilisi free of charge. Registration for onSET English is identical to registration for onSET Deutsch, see above.
A guideline for writing a letter of motivation is provided on the DAAD website (DAAD-Webseite).
An information sheet in Armenian regarding how to write a letter of motivation, a CV and a letter of recommendation is also available:
All male applicants are asked to state whether or not they have completed their military service.
- Please read the list of application documents (under the Application Procedure tab) carefully. Only complete applications can be considered.
The Go to Application tab in the scholarship description contains a step-by-step guide for submitting your application electronically. Instructions regarding registration and application in the portal can also be downloaded there.
Two videos are offered in Armenian. These explain exactly how to register in the portal and how to apply either for a study scholarship (Master) or a university summer course:
Instructions for DAAD application portal for study scholarship (Master)
DAAD application portal for summer course
Information about selection procedures and selection criteria (Auswahlverfahren und Auswahlkriterien) for DAAD scholarships is provided on the DAAD website. More detailed personal advice on specific programmes can be obtained at the IC office.
Please go to the DAAD website for answers to important questions (Antworten auf wichtige Fragen) regarding application requirements, the right form, application via the DAAD portal and the selection process.
FAQs (häufig gestellte Fragen) specifically for Armenian applicants are also provided.
If you have further questions, please contact the DAAD Regional Office directly. Go to contact information and office hours (Kontaktdaten und Öffnungszeiten) for details.
Information in Armenian
Here you can find useful information in Armenian.